For study and further reflection from our most recent message Son of Man, the second in our series Jesus, Name Above All Names, we encourage the use of the following questions.
If you missed last Sunday’s (2/21) message, you can stream or download it here.
Scripture Reading: John 3:14-21
- What does Jesus claim about himself in verses 13-15?
- From verses 16-18, what stands out to you about God?
- About what he wants to do?
- About how a person is condemned?
- How will belief show itself (vv. 15-21)?
- How is Jesus’ use of the words “born again” similar to and different from the way it is used to day?
- What does Jesus say you must believe to be “born again”?
- How would you define “born again” in your own words?
- What first aroused your interest in Jesus? Why?
- Where are you right now in the birthing process of spiritual life: Not yet conceived? Developing, but not so anyone could tell? Heavy with child and waiting? Kicking and screaming like an infant? Growing daily? Explain?
- When did you see God as saving you, rather of than condemning you?
- What one point do you want to remember from today’s discussion?